Our client is a leading distributor and solutions aggregator for the IT ecosystem. They are an innovative partner helping customers maximize the value of IT investments, demonstrate business outcomes and unlock growth opportunities. This is an opportunity to join a company of over 22,000 of the IT industry’s best and brightest, who share an unwavering passion for bringing compelling technology products, services, and solutions to the world.
Senior Cybersecurity Defense Specialist requires a Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) with excellent communication skills for active collaboration with associates within the team and various external teams. The Senior Cybersecurity Defense Specialist will actively participate in projects to help mitigate threats and incidents. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and be able to work with little supervision. This Senior Cybersecurity Defense Specialist role includes all aspects of the squad mission; but primarily has two focus areas:
- Hands-on, technical role. This role will assist in correlating alerts, implementing monitoring use cases, and incident handling processes/playbooks for other Security analysts.
- Providing implementations, suggestions, and recommendations for protecting and resolving threats and incidents.
The Senior Cybersecurity Defense Specialist will join a growing Cyber Defense Center team, part of Cyber Technology. The candidate must be familiar with CDC / SOC technologies and processes to properly assess them and provide improvements where necessary.
- Perform Defensive Operations to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attacks using SIEM, vulnerability assessment, discovery, infrastructure (firewall, IPS/IDS, proxy, network capture), host-based security, forensics, etc.
- Perform threat, vulnerability analysis, and data analysis for all enterprise and cloud enclaves.
- Perform analysis to implement best security practices in systems and/or system architecture
- Evaluate remediation recommendations and develop mitigation measures
- Employ system security processes, methods, and tools and assure their consistent application
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of the enterprise’s security architecture design
- Participate in the selection of security solutions, or enhancements to existing security solutions, to improve overall enterprise security
- Respond to all system security threats/incidents and partners with other teams and third party vendors to resolve security incidents.
- Investigate opportunities to update security system capabilities to sustain and enhance network and system security integrity
- Perform configuration updates, such as modifying configurations, signature definitions or implement new or update current use cases or playbooks
Qualifications/Education – Minimum Requirements
- Typically has 6+ years relevant experience
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Defensive Cyber Operations SME with experience of engineering cyber defensive capability.
- Solid understanding of cyber defensive technologies required to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attacks. Technologies include SIEM, SOAR, vulnerability management, discovery, infrastructure (firewall, IPS/IDS, proxy, network capture), host based security, forensics, etc.
- Deep knowledge in security incident response process.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, related network and application protocols and their security issues
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills
- Experience with ticketing and case management solutions
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, and prioritize
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and disciplined, with excellent time management skills
- A deep understanding of how hackers work and ability to keep up with the fast pace of change in the criminal cyber-underworld
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Previous work experience in a Security Operations Center and Cyber Defense Center
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Relevant security certifications (CISSP, CISA, GIAC, Security Plus)
- Automation and orchestration
- Scripting experience – Python, Powershell, etc.
- Regular expressions
- Cloud and Office 365 Security Experience
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
- Experience with implementing IT security configuration and procedures
- Proven hands-on experience with Security tools Intrusion Prevention, Endpoint Protection, Security incident analysis
What’s In It For You?
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It’s not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.