Legal Counsel l EU Data Protection Expert I CIPP/E I CIPM I Method NP Founder (LGPD and GDPR course for lawyers)
Legal and data privacy expert with hands-on experience in the EU and Brazil data protection regulations acquired while working in Germany in over 10 different countries. As part of my work, I regularly:
– Develop and maintain Privacy Programs
– Support the business in different countries
– Receive requests as the point of contact for data protection and contractual matters
– Draft and review Privacy Notices
– Ensure compliance with cookies
– Maintain a record of processing activities
– Draft and implement policies (such as data retention, data breach notification, and data security policies)
– Conduct privacy training
– Manage 3rd parties (e.g.: Data Processing Agreements, Transfer Impact Assessments, Due Diligence, commercial agreements)
– Participate in company project activities by analyzing problems and proposing measures to solve discrepancies
Besides the described work as Legal Counsel, I am the founder of Method NP, a data protection online course. The classes include documentation (e.g., DPIA, Privacy Notice, contractual clauses, record of processing activities), privacy program (e.g., mapping, gap analysis, implementation, monitoring), international transfer of data, data subject’s rights, information security (e.g., data breach) and legal basis.
Previously, while completing my Master’s Degree at Goethe Universität Frankfurt, I had the opportunity to work with contract management and the development of compliance policies (e.g.: KYI and anti-money laundering policies) besides working with data protection.